I am back in Shanghai after spending a great week and a few days back in the US. Yes, Hawaii is the US. I enjoy flying international carriers. I find the service so much better, flight attendants wear fun outfits (scarfs, hats and such) and more leg room even if it is just an inch, it feels so much more!
Being Back in The US
After time traveling back 18 hours I was a little bit out of it. I did laundry and forgot to add laundry detergent. Opps. The washing machine was so big and powerful, it was nice. To see the laundry soap labels in English, I could read them! I read them, I just didn’t use it. I spent sometime in Target, where again I could read everything and surrounded by good stuff! It was very exciting and overwhelming. I went to Ross where I found “normal” sized clothing, shoes that fit, and familiarity. It was a little overwhelming and actually made me home sick. Gosh I miss Target!
I went to Taco Bell 3x, it was great! Other than Roy’s which is a slightly different experience in HI and even cheaper than in Orlando, we didn’t eat at any other familiar restaurants. We did have Chinese take out one night and oddly enough at Boots & Kimo’s I ordered fried rice, they are known for it so I had to try it. Fried rice and mac nut pancakes, good combo.
Back in China
After traveling forward in time, it took me about 4 days to adjust to the time different, time travel is really awful. Makes me look forward to when I travel to Glendale next month to observe a training course. I don’t think there is enough Diet Coke to keep me awake, if they would only bring back Jolt.
Nothing has changed here in China. The traffic, the spitting, the food, and it is still really cold. WOW is it cold. I wore long underwear my 1st day back to work and I was a little warm, too warm it was a little much but after shorts and tank tops, my body was in shock.
Thanks goodness for the work I am doing. For I miss Todd, friends, family, and Target something awful. It stinks but I have purpose for being here that helps.
What did I bring back from the US to China?
- Reese’s peanut butter cups (3 bags, maybe I will share at work? )
- Raisinettes (1 bag, no sharing)
- Cold medicine (JIC, just in case, everyone around me is sick, I think it is because they didn’t get a flu shot)
- Vitamins (I worry with my food choices, like peanut butter cups I may not be getting all the vitamins I need from food)
- Blue Cheese Salad Dressing (hard to find)
- Hellman’s Light Mayonnaise (can’t find)
- Taco Seasoning (5 packets)
- Tortillas (sold but around $7 a bag)
- Shake n Bake (in case I get adventurous any try cooking meat of some sort)
- Seasonings (yes, I can buy it here but Italian Seasoning for example is $7 a jar its $1 in US)
- Hair Products
- Sunscreen (I don’t think it is sold here)
- Sweaters, they were on sale and it is cold here
- 3 Mickey Mouse White Gloves (for work, airport pick ups)
- 7 boxes of Mr. Sketch scented markers (for work)
Oddly enough my bags weren’t checked by TSA or customs. Time to go eat peanut butter cups for I can reload next month in CA. 🙂